Get involved with Leave No Trace (LNT), it’s free!
> Find new ways to get involved with LNT
> Contact a LNT State Advocate
> Find State-by-State listings of events, workshops and trainings
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics (LNT) is an educational, nonprofit organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and active stewardship of the outdoors by all people, worldwide.
LNT Core Values
- Is committed to the enjoyment, health and protection of recreational resources on natural lands for all people;
Believes that education is the best means to protect natural lands from recreational impacts while helping maintain access for recreation and enjoyment;
- Is founded on outdoor ethics whereby a sense of stewardship is gained through understanding and connecting with the natural world;
- Believes that practicing the Leave No Trace principles is the most relevant and effective long-term solution to maintaining the beauty, health of, and access to natural lands;
- Is science-based and builds ethical, pragmatic approaches to resource protection for varying types of outdoor recreation and enjoyment;
- Strives to build key partnerships that support education programs, training and communities of volunteers, educators, land managers, organizations and corporations committed to teaching and instilling the values of Leave No Trace;
- Is inclusive, for all people, and focused on all non-motorized recreation activities occurring on natural lands;
- Is apolitical and dedicated to education;
- Does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, military status or disability in the administration of its education, outreach, employment, and other Center administered programs and activities;
- Remains committed to its mission, core values, projects and programs without deviation.