With Earth Day rapidly approaching (April 22nd for those who have forgotten), I wanted to share my thoughts on a cool new iphone application called iPhorest that is not only fun but a good way to do your part in making the world a little greener…literally.
The application is simple. Once you have purchased and uploaded the application to your iPhone, you can plant a virtual tree and The Conservation Fund will plant a real one—starting with the restoration of vulnerable wildlife habitats along the Gulf Coast in the United States. To plant a tree, you just follow these 5 simple steps:
1. Dig a hole by creating a digging motion with your phone.
2. Tap your phone to plant a seed.
3. Shake your phone to create a rainstorm.
4. Wait for the sun to come out and your tree will grow.
5. Repeat the rainstorm to make your tree grow until it reaches its full potential.
You can repeat this as many times as you want to get a full, lush forest. You can also share your tree growth at any stage with friends and see other iPhorest users within the world.
Pretty cool, huh? It’s an easy way to do your part on Earth Day without even having to get your hands dirty!