The KEEN Effect supports projects and initiatives around the world that result in an increase of responsible outdoor participation. We define outdoor as anyplace without a ceiling. Approximately 25 non-profit organizations around the world will be granted a total of $100,000 to bring their projects to life. Applications are only being accepted from tax exempt, not for profit organizations.
- Projects must increase responsible outdoor participation as a way to work towards building a strong community.
- Projects should be innovative and creative.
- Projects should have clear goals and measurable objectives.
- Projects that introduce new audiences to the outdoors through responsible outdoor participation will receive special consideration.
- Project leads must be willing to interact with KEEN online and should leverage social media technology as appropriate.
- Project leads should be capable of working collaboratively with KEEN throughout the program process and project reports must include a minimum of five high resolution photos.
- Projects must begin in early 2014 and must be completed by September 2014.
Non-profit organizations or equivalents outside of the United States, can request up to $2,500 (Tier 1) or up to $10,000 (Tier 2) for submissions that meet stated requirements. Approved proposals will be awarded funding along with technical support and guidance.
Selection and Notification Process
Criteria for The KEEN Effect have been established by KEEN in partnership with The Outdoor Foundation. Based on a rigorous review and selection process grant recipients will be announced on or around January 6, 2014.
Dates You Need to Know
- December 6, 2013 – Deadline for submissions
- January 6, 2014 – Announce award recipients
- September 30, 2014 – Complete project and submit online final report
Still Have Questions?